Photo By pelfophoto at Shutterstock
Gas lines are a critical component of every Chester, VA, household. We use them to power stoves and other appliances that make our homes dry, warm and comfortable all year long. With continued use, gas lines can become susceptible to cracks and breaks leading to a gas leak.
When this happens, it can be quite dangerous if not handled properly, in some cases even causing an explosion. Many people die in explosions every year and many more fall sick because of exposure to the harmful gas. Our leak detection specialists have extensive gas pipe experience so you can rest easy knowing that we will take the right steps to protect your family or business.
Causes of Gas Leaks
Gas leaks occur due to various reasons.
- Faulty Fittings – Improper installation or poorly fitted appliances can cause gas to leak.
- Aged Gas Lines – Older homes with aged gas lines are susceptible to leaks.
- Physical Damage – Sometimes the pipes will be disconnected or damaged by things like surrounding root trees.
Our Gas Leak Detection, Repair and Replacement Service
A leaky gas pipe is a disaster waiting to happen. At bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Richmond, VA, we have the tools and methods that identify both small and severe leaks at their source. Whether it’s the gas line, an appliance or accessory connected to it that has the problem, you can trust us to get to the root of the problem. Upon locating the leaks, our professionals will make the necessary leak repairs and code upgrades to get your gas back on.
By finding and correcting these leaks, you can save a considerable amount of money and prevent the problem from worsening with time. You can trust us to resolve the issue efficiently and permanently for absolute peace of mind. Our gas line repair service meets the highest professional and industry standards that offer high performance. If you’re ever in a position to require gas line repairs, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experienced technicians to get the job done.
Gas Line Replacement
In some cases, a gas line repair may not be adequate making a gas replacement service necessary. Like many systems and appliances in your home, gas lines go through wear and tear over time. Replacing these segments of a weakened line creates a deterrent against gas lines deteriorating, creating a safer gas distribution system for your home.
How Can You Tell If You Have a Gas Leak?
There are many telltale signs that indicate a gas line leak in your home. These include;
- Irregular/difficulty breathing – When a leak has been left untreated for too long, you can be at risk of experiencing troubled breathing and other health issues like dizziness.
- Sulfur Smell – If you smell rotten eggs or sulfur in any room of your house or your entire home, it may be an indication of a leak which requires immediate attention. Many gas companies infuse natural gas with a sulfurous scent to make it detectable when it leaks.
- Hissing noises behind walls – Hissing sounds near a gas line would suggest that there is a gas leak.
- Dead houseplants and landscaping – Higher levels of carbon monoxide in your residence can cause plants to die.
- Thinning components – The joints and intersections of gas lines thin out with time pointing to a failing or damaged gas line.
- Visible damage to the connection of a natural gas appliance – If you notice that your gas lines are twisted, bent or dented, then they need a replacement.
Knowing these signs will help inform your decision on finding prompt assistance from a professional. You should never attempt to repair a gas line by yourself as this endangers yourself and everyone you care about.
Important Steps To Take
Whenever you have suspicions of a leak in any of your gas pipes in your home, it’s imperative that you evacuate your premises as soon as possible, shut off the gas line and contact your local gas company.
Next, call the gas leak experts at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Richmond, VA. We’ll arrive quickly at your premises, inspect the gas line and accurately locate the source of the leak. With our prompt and timely repairs, you can count on fast action that ensures your gas lines are repaired and serviced safely and competently.
How to Prevent Gas Leaks
Regular Inspections – Schedule an annual inspection and plumbing maintenance to assess gas line safety and test for gas and carbon monoxide leaks. Testing your gas lines and appliances every so often is smart. By calling the professionals at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Richmond, VA, you will be provided with an accurate report about the state of your gas appliances. During this exercise, homeowners can also be educated on what to watch out for and how to prevent gas leaks.
Have Old Gas Fittings Replaced – If the gas line piping system has seen better days i.e. is corroded, cracked with scaled fittings, consider replacing the gas line fittings and pipe.
Proper Installations – To prevent a leak, make sure your gas appliances are properly fitted in a well-ventilated area. It’s important to have a professional plumber handle all your gas pipe fitting tasks. Remember even a slight mistake can lead to serious and costly consequences.
Contact our Chester, VA, Gas Line Specialists
Don’t trust just anyone with your family’s safety. Whether you’re in need of leak detection, repair or gas line maintenance, we’re the right team for the job. We at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Richmond, VA, are committed to ensuring the safety and efficiency of our customers’ homes. Get in touch with our team today for more information on our gas leak detection, repair and replacement services. Let us help keep your home free from hazards.