Photo By AndreyPopov at istock
Richmond, VA is an iconic American city with a long history. The area was important to the Powhatan Confederacy and they fought with the early English settlers in the 17th century. The city was incorporated in 1742 but did not become independent until 1871.
In 1737, our town became the capital of the ‘Dominion of Virginia.’ Also, during the Civil War the town was the capital of the Confederacy. In 1775, Patrick Henry gave his famous ‘Give me liberty or give me death’ speech at St. John’s Church.
Another key historical event that happened here was in 1786 when the ‘Statute for Religious Freedom (written by founding father, Thomas Jefferson in 1779) was accepted by the Virginia General Assembly. This important time in our nation’s history is memorialized by the First Freedom Center.
Richmond, VA is home to the James River and historic buildings and places. The good residents rely on a trustworthy plumbing service to make certain the clean water continues to flow and the sewage is safely drained from homes. Bluefrog Plumbing and Drain offer guaranteed services at an affordable price.
Our team members are chosen for their expertise in providing plumbing services, but they are also hired for their commitment to the community.
We require our potential employees to submit to drug and alcohol testing, thorough background checks, and agree to periodically refresh their skills as a professional. These conditions help us remain the leading plumbing service throughout the Richmond Metropolitan Area.
Signs It’s Time to Call a Professional Plumber
Commercial and residential plumbing is tricky. It’s tempting to try to fix things yourself, but if you’re not sure of what you’re doing you might be setting yourself up for dishing out a larger payment to a plumbing service.
Let’s discuss a few red flags that indicate it is time to call Bluefrog Plumbing and Drain.
- Leaking Joints and Burst Pipes: This might seem like a no-brainer but drips, leaks, and collected water are easy to miss. You might not know about the problem until the water has already done significant damage. Also, a visible leak inside your home doesn’t mean that is where it originated from. It’s best to save yourself some trouble and call a plumbing service.
- Slowly Moving Drains: Upon occasion every plumbing system has a lazy drain here and there but if this problem is reoccurring regularly in any of the taps then there could be a blockage in the pipes making it difficult for clean water to flow and wastewater to exit the pipes.
- Dry Taps: A lack of water is troubling. There is a myriad of reasons as to why there isn’t any water flowing from your taps. The first port of call would be to check in with your local water company for details regarding maintenance and shutoffs before you schedule a plumbing service.
- Weak Water Pressure: Lots of older homes struggle with low water pressure. It is worth noting an overtaxed plumbing system will not be able to provide the force necessary to fuel a refreshing shower.
- No Hot Water: This could be a problem with your boiler, and it shouldn’t be handled by anyone without a NATE-Certification. The complexities of your HVAC system are technical and one tiny mistake and you might have to replace the boiler. Trust a fully licensed and bonded plumbing service like the award-winning bluefrog Plumbing and Drain.
- Noise: Plumbing makes noise, but it shouldn’t groan, knock, or make whirl sounds. If you hear water running even when all the taps are shut off, it might be a slab leak that requires accessing the plumbing underneath the home to adequately fix the problem.
- Damaged Walls and Floors with Yellow or Brown Stains: Don’t beat yourself up if you didn’t notice the damage immediately. More often than not, burst pipes aren’t noticed until after they damaged the walls and floors leaving behind ugly yellow and brown stains on the ceiling, walls, and flooring. Be careful of mold and call a plumbing service immediately.
- Sewage Flowing into the Home: Waste-water overflowing and damaging floors and walls are unsanitary, destructive, and difficult to resolve. Cleaning up the mess doesn’t mean it won’t happen again without an expert technician finding the root of the problem and repairing it. Don’t hesitate to call Bluefrog if you’re experiencing this problem.
Like electricity, plumbing is vital to the functioning of any home or business. We rely on running water to keep us clean, clean our spaces, and keep us hydrated and healthy. If the water stops flowing it won’t be long until that environment stops working and creating serious disturbances.
The historic homes throughout Richmond, VA are part of what makes this city unique, but it does come along with a few caveats for the families and businesses that occupy these historically significant structures.
In response, bluefrog Plumbing + Drain of Richmond, VA have instituted a couple of policies to ensure we are available when we are needed the most and so our loyal customers can save some of their hard-earned money on their plumbing service callouts.
- The BFPAD Proactive Protection Program is a subscription service available to all our clients. For a modest fee, we provide a comprehensive annual plumbing evaluation, priority service, and a generous 15 percent discount. The reassurance of priority service means your loyalty is rewarded because the Bluefrog team will book your service call ahead of non-subscribers meaning you won’t have to live for a week without hot water or a flushing toilet!
- The Right Solution Guarantee is our promise to our customers that we will efficiently, affordably, and accurately resolve your plumbing issue or we will make it right without any additional cost to you.
Plumbing is an aspect of life that remains in the background until there is a problem. We want to fix that problem as cost-effectively and quickly as possible so you and your loved ones can concentrate on more important things.
If you’re experiencing trouble with your plumbing systems give our friendly office a ring to discuss your options!